It is inevitable that computer will get slow overtime, but there are many solution you can try to get it back on track. First step is to clean up computer junk, actually computer system is like one’s house, can you imagine how inconvenient and terrible it can be if junks are scattered all over the place, the same as computer, if there are too much junks stucked in the system, it could become deadly sluggish. Trust me, removing all the junk will definitely improve your PC performance, you can refer to the below instruction & steps.
Clean your desktop
OK, first take a look at your desktop, I hope it does not look like this:
Well, it is a bit exaggerated I admit, however, what I’m trying to tell you is that, a well organized and cleaned desktop is usually a foundation of a smooth running computer. The fact is, desktop stuff occupies a more RAM than you think, the more stuff in the desktop, the less RAM you have for other application or system function, there is no wonder that you computer will startup slowly and operate sluggishly if your desktop are messed up, and that’s why you should re-organize the desktop and keep it as clean as possible.
Here comes to the question of how to organize desktop icons, actually this is easy to do with the tool provided in Windows.
For Windows 7
- Right click on the desktop (whatever empty place is OK)
- Move the cursors to View section, and click to ‘Show desktop icons’
By doing so, the icons in the desktop will disappear, you can bring them back whenever you want by check the ‘Show desktop icons’ again. After then right click the desktop again and go to View > Auto Arrange to allow Windows rearrange the icon for you.
For Windows XP
- Right click on the desktop, in the appeared menu, click Arrange Icons By
- Click Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard.
- Click Next button to continue.
- Uncheck the unwanted desktop icon, and click Next button again.
- Click Finish to complete the operation.
- By doing so, Windows will create a folder to store the unwanted icons you just unchecked, you can restore the one you need simply by dragging the icon to the desktop from the folder.
After you clean up the unwanted icon, you can reorganize the icon by doing the below steps:
- Right click on the desktop and click Arrange Icons By.
- Select Auto Arrange, and then Windows will rearrange the desktop icon automatically for you.