Keep in mind that pretty looking Windows comes with cost, it is definitely not the fastest Windows, especially for a “eye candy” Windows 7 with Aero and transparency enabled. If you prefer to have a better system performance other than having a good looking Windows, you can choose a mini- malistic look Windows. Don’t know how? See the below steps:
For Windows 7:
If it’s the first time you are customizing Windows 7 appearance settings, you will need to switch Aero off. Yes, it looks nice, but it’s also exceptionally resource-hungry. Here is how you can disable Aero:
- Right-click somewhere on your desktop and go to Personalize.
- Now you can select a less resource-hungry theme, such as Windows 7 Basic or Windows Classic.
- If you want to keep Aero, but still gain some performance, click Window Color in the same window and uncheck the Enable Transparency box. You can also use the Windows XP method described above to adjust Windows 7 for best performance.
For Windows XP users:
- Press the Windows key + the Pause/Break key to open System Properties.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Locate the Performance section and click on the Settings button.
- Now select the Adjust for best performance radio button.
- This will make your Windows look very minimalistic and even out of date. If you don’t mind that, then simply enjoy the performance gain. But if you’d still like XP to look more like XP, simply select the Custom radio button and select the visual effect you like.