I believe not everyone use Printer and network folder in their computer, actually, statistic shows that 80% of the computer users does not use these two thing, however, the thing you don’t know is that, every time you open the IE explorer, Windows looks for them by default, this will slow down the browser in a certain degree. The point is, if you don’t use Printer and network folder in your computer, you can disable the search for network folder and printer to speed up the browsing. Here is how:
For Windows 7 users
- Click Start, go to Control Panel, select Network and Internet
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change advanced sharing settings option.
- In the Network discovery section, Turn off network discovery option.
For Windows XP users
- Double click to open My Computer
- Click on Tools in the menu, select Folder Options and then click the View tab.
- Now uncheck Automatically search for network folders and printers.
- Click Apply and click OK
- Restart the computer and it is done!
For more tips on how to optimize computer performance, please stay tuned for my blog, or you can visit the PC problem Wikipedia here to download PC optimize tool, or you can visit this blog for troublesome & stubborn Windows program uninstall guides