Bing Desktop is an assistant application that provides Search engine, Facebook contents and news directly via users’ desktop without opening a web page on browser.
How to Manually Uninstall Bing Desktop?
In some cases there is no uninstall option in the Windows program menu, so part of users cannot activate the Bing Desktop’s default uninstall to conduct the removal. Even though you have successfully access it in Control Panel, you still need to manually clean out the remaining Registry entries and keys that normally wouldn’t be removed by the program’s default uninstaller.
Step One: Access Control Panel
1. Start button > Control Panel > Add/Remove program
2. Find Bing Desktop > Click “Remove” button
3. When it asks “Are you sure you want to remove bing desktop from your computer?”, click Yes to proceed. And the removal will automatically starts and takes a few time to finish the process.
Step 2: Access the System Registry
Most people would skip this part right after they finish Step 1, which leaves system junks on their hard drive slowing down the computer performance. Because every time you do this, the leftovers are “piling up”. To correctly remove those “pieces”, please carefully refer to the instruction below:
1. Start menu > Type “regedit” in the search box to open the Windows Registry
2. Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\
3. Right-click the folder named “BingDesktop” within, and select Delete
4. Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
5. Right-click the folder “BingDesktop”, and select Delete
Please be sure before you hit the delete button, because they cannot be restored after the removal, and your computer may end up with malfunction.
Convenient Solution to Realize the Complete Removal
1. Download and install Max Uninstaller
2. Run it, select Bing Desktop in the list, and click on “Run Analysis”
3. After the scan is done, click on “Complete Uninstall”
4. Then click on “Scan Leftover” to remove its leftovers
Click here to see more relevant details.