One of my previous post has mentioned how to speed up Windows startup, well, here is another tips to help you make your PC boot even faster. Normally, computer users need to wait for 30 seconds during the system startup to allow the operating system being loaded (If your computer startup takes far more than 30 seconds, you may need to clean up Windows registry first), actually you can make this 30 seconds wait much shorter like around 5-7 seconds, see the howto below:
For Windows 7 users
- Find out Computer icon, right click on it and select Properties.
- Click Advanced System Settings in the section of Tasks.
- Click Advanced Tab in the pop-up window, locate Startup and Recovery section, click on Settings.
- Find out the option of ‘Time to display list of operating systems’, change the value to 5 seconds.
- Click OK to finish the setting.
For Windows XP users
- Right click on My computer and select Properties.
- Click Advanced tab in the properties window.
- In the Startup and Recovery section click on Settings.
- In the Time to display list of operating systems section, set the value to 5 seconds.
- Click OK to finish.
Now you can restart your computer and see how it works, the result should be obvious. For More computer tips please stay tuned on my blog.
Sponsored posts from the Web