Popcorn Time is a free Netflix that can be used to watch movies via streaming the torrented content, sometimes it would be an unwanted program on the Mac that many people people would like to remove it. And here are two available ways that enable you to uninstall Popcorn Time well. (More program removal guides like how to uninstall µTorrent, remove Avira Free Mac Security can be found at: 2-macuninstaller.com)
First one: take manual way to remove the App by yourself
The Mac OS X itself contains a removing feature that you can use to remove the application manually.
Step 1 – uninstall the program package
- If the program is still running on your Mac, please right-click on the icon on the Dock, and select “Quit”
- Continue to stay on the Dock, and click on Finder
- Click Applications on the left pane, and you will see all of installed applications listed on the right side
- Locate on the Popcorn Time’s program icon, and drag it to the Trash
- Enter your account’s password for confirmation if it needs
- And then go to right-click on the Trash, and select “Empty Trash”
Step 2 – remove its remnant files leaving on the computer
If you want to totally uninstall Popcorn Time on your Mac, besides removing its program package, you should have a check on your library folder, because there are still lots of Popcorn Time files staying on the hard disk.
- Click on GO on the head, and click on Go to folder…
- Type “~/library/” in the box, and press Return key
- Click to open these folders one by one, and clean all of files related to Popcorn Time inside:
Second one: take an uninstaller to uninstall Popcorn Time well
In addition to manually remove the application on the computer, it is also available for removing Popcorn Time via a reliable uninstall utility, the third party removal tool usually can help you to get rid of the program more effectively.
- Download and install a reliable uninstall utility
- Open the uninstaller, and click on the scan button to do a complete analysis for the installed applications on the computer
- Select the program you need to uninstall on the list, and click on the remove button
- Finish the removing process with wizards
- Exit the uninstaller, and restart your Mac
Some people complain that the Popcorn Time just did not go ways even though they had tried to uninstall Popcorn Time manually, taking a professional uninstaller may can help you fix this problem well.