Spotify is a music, podcast, and video streaming service that provides digital rights management-protected content from record labels and media companies. Its basic features are free with advertisements, while additional features, including improved streaming quality and offline music downloads, are offered via paid subscriptions.
Spotify is available for many mainstream platforms including Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android. Though being a great tool for enjoying music, this app may cause problems during the setup or usage period on some users’ devices. If your device is not compatible with the Spotify app, or you are just dissatisfied with its performance, you could consider deleting this app from your device once and for all.
Bothered by uninstalling Spotify? Looking for a properly solution to entirely get rid of it? This post will show you how to easily uninstall Spotify on macOS/Mac OS X.
To manually uninstall Spotify on Mac, here are the steps you can carry out:
- Head to the Spotify menu and select Quit if the app is running.
- Open the Finder in your Mac, and head to the Applications folder.
- Locate Spotify there, right click on its icon and choose Move to Trash.
- Click on the Go in Menu bar, and choose the option labeled Go to Folder.
- Type ~/Library in the box and then hit Enter key to open up this directory.
- Input Spotify in the Search box, and click on the Library icon to scan there.
- Select the items with the name of Spotify in the result (you are supposed to see a folder labeled com.spotify.client in Cache folder), and move them to the Trash.
- Repeat the same steps to delete related components in /Library folder.
- Head to the Find menu on the top, and choose the option labeled Empty Trash.
Feel complicated to perform the steps above? Here’s a better option for you: Download Osx Uninstaller and install it by dragging the icon to the Applications folder.
- Launch the tool, select the Spotify that appears, and click on Run Analysis.
- Click on Complete Uninstall > Yes, and then exit out of the uninstall tool.
- To know more details about how to fully uninstall Spotify, see this tutorial.
Besides, you can cancel your Spotify account if you no longer use this service, otherwise Spotify will keep sending you promotional /marketing emails. To do so:
- Go to the Spotify’s homepage on your web browser and sign in.
- Scroll down and look for the “About” in the bottom left of the screen.
- Look for “Customer Service and Support” and click the Contact Form link.
- A new page will open with 3 drop-down menu choices. For the first one, choose “Removing / Cancelling Spotify”; for the second, choose “Delete/Close my Spotify account”, and for the third, choose whichever you want.
- Fill in your reason for cancel the account, and click the submit button.
Then your account is supposed to be deleted a few days later. Have you learned yet?