“What is Osx Uninstaller? Do I need this tool to get the job done? Is it reliable and safe to run on my device? And does this tool deserve the price it charges for?”……
When you are seeking a uninstall tool for your Mac, you may notice a recommended software labeled Osx Uninstaller in the search result. And the aforementioned questions may arise in your mind before giving Osx Uninstaller a try. To help you make a wise decision, we will explore these questions in this software review.
What is Osx Uninstaller?
Osx Uninstaller, as it claims, is an effective solution to uninstall and remove apps on the Mac computer. With it in hand, users can easily handle the program removal and avoid any further issue. Here’s the app information details we find on its homepage:
- Requires macOS 10.9.5 and above
- Takes approximately 10 MB disk space
- The latest version is 220.127.116.11, which released on January 1st, 2018
- Tech support contact email address is email@example.com
- The team behind Osx Uninstaller comes from a tech company committed to developing software to help customers manage their computers more effectively
- Users need to pay for a valid registration code to activate Osx Uninstaller before using it to remove Mac apps.
- Available license plans include 1Mac/1Year ($29.95), 1Mac/Lifetime($39.90), 3Mac/1Year($39.90), and 3Mac/Lifetime($29.95)
- 60 Days Money-Back Guarantee is provided in the order for the software
Does it do what it claims?
After getting the basic information about Osx Uninstaller, we decide to do some tests to see if this utility performs well in the task of app removal. During this process, we install some popular applications in different categories on the testing machine, and then run Osx Uninstaller to execute the uninstallation. In the interest of saving space, here we only take the popular Evernote app an example to illustrate how OU works.
We follow the steps below to remove Evernote using Osx Uninstaller:
- Run Osx Uninstaller in Launchpad, from Spotlight or in the Applications folder.
- Select Evernote in the interface, and click Run Analysis to startthe scanning.
- Click Complete Uninstall button and then Yes in the pop-up dialog.
- Click Back to Interface button to re-scan and see if Evernote disappears.
So the whole process finishes within one minute. Quite straightforward and intuitive! Then we head to the Applications folder as well as the Launchpad, to check if this app has gone. And it turns out that Evernote can be easily removed by Osx Uninstaller.
Note that before the uninstall, we reboot Mac into Safe Mode to kill auto-launch and reduce interference, as an running app process would fail the standard uninstall. If you encounter problem when trying to uninstall an app with Osx Uninstaller, make sure to shut down the target app, and also remember to reboot your Mac after the uninstall.
Should I purchase this app?
On a Mac, you can drag and drop an app into the Applications folder to get it installed. Meanwhile, you can drag and drop an app from the Applications folder to the Trash, and then delete it permanently in the Trash to get rid of the app from your Mac.
Things look so easy when you are trying to uninstall unwanted apps on Mac. And you may take it granted that there is no need to apply any removal tool on your Mac. However, many users neglect a fact that, deleting an app from Applications folder as well as the Trash does not guarantee a 100%, clean uninstall. Why say so? Well, most third-party apps tend to create some files like the preferences settings, cache, supporting plugins and store them outside the original installation directory. Those app leftovers will not be deleted automatically in the wake of the removal of the app.
Remaining on the hidden system directories, app leftovers take up certain (sometimes large) disk space, hinder a fresh re-install, or even cause conflict when you are trying to install another app with the same category. Statistically, most uninstall issues are caused by incomplete removal of app. To troubleshoot those issue, experienced users may know how to detect and remove app leftovers around the system, but for Mac beginners, manual deletion requires much skill, patience, and involves potential risk.
So here are the reasons why you need an automated uninstall tool: (1) to save the time wasted on hunting down app remnants in different system folders, (2) to avoid the risk of mistakenly deleting other unrelated items, and (3) to make the whole process of uninstalling unwanted apps more streamline, easy-to-operate, and high-efficient.
It is a better option to utilize a reputable tool like Osx Uninstaller in app removal tasks. And after a try, you can make a decision whether Osx Uninstaller is right for you.